FIRST AUTOMATED INSULIN DELIVERY DEVICE FOR TYPE 1 DIABETES
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved Medtronic’s MiniMed 670G hybrid closed looped system, the first FDA-approved device that is intended to automatically monitor glucose (sugar) and provide appropriate basal insulin doses in people 14 years of age and older with type 1 diabetes.
FDA APPROVES EXPANDED INDICATIONS FOR ILARIS
FOR THREE RARE DISEASES
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved three new indications for Ilaris (canakinumab). The new indications are for rare and serious auto-inflammatory diseases in adult and pediatric patients.
FDA GRANTS ACCELERATED APPROVAL TO FIRST DRUG FOR DUCHENNE MUSCULAR DYSTROPHY
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved Exondys 51 (eteplirsen) injection, the first drug approved to treat patients with Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD).
MARIJUANA VS. OPIOID OVERDOSES
In the United States, 25 states have legalized medical marijuana, including 19 that let patients with a prescription buy pot from dispensaries. Proponents argue that expanding the availability of medical marijuana reduces opioid abuse and overdose deaths because it gives people an alternative for pain relief.
- DACO DA LA BATALLA A LA MARIHUANA SINTÉTICA
- EARLY LIFE ANTIBIOTIC USE TIED TO FUTURE ALLERGY RISK
- FDA REQUIRES STRONG WARNINGS FOR OPIOID ANALGESICS
- FDA APPROVES ERELZI, A BIOSIMILAR TO ENBREL
- CDC RELEASES UPDATED VACCINE RECOMMENDATIONS FOR 2016–17 INFLUENZA SEASON
- DEA ANNOUNCES ACTIONS RELATED TO MARIJUANA AND INDUSTRIAL HEMP
- FDA APPROVES ADLYXIN TO TREAT TYPE 2 DIABETES
- WARNINGS FOR FLUOROQUINOLONE ANTIBIOTICS
- CDC Issues Updated Zika Recommendations
- NUEVO REGLAMENTO SOBRE CANNABIS PARA USO MEDICINAL